- Acorn Squash, cut in 1/2
- 1 cup Organic Brown Rice (cooked with 2 1/2 cups of water)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Organic dried Cranberries
- 2-3 medium-sized stalks of Celery, Thinly sliced
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic
- Fresh Thyme
- Ghee / vegan Butter/ Coconut Oil (any)
- dash of Maple Syrup (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Measurements are approximate, if replicating this dish please use your discernment for right amount and enjoy the leftover stuffing!
- Prepare rice
- Pre Heat Oven to 450
- Cut Squash in half and remove seeds
- With 1/4 inch of water in pan, cook Squash cut side facing downward for 15 minutes
- Flip Squash and coat with ghee / vegan butter / coconut oil (any), drizzling a dash of maple syrup on as well and cook for an additional 10 minutes cut side facing upward.
- Meanwhile prepare veggies in your choice of oil: Onions first, then celery slices, adding garlic towards the end. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened, approximately 6 minutes. Then add Thyme and cover for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Remove from heat, stir in rice, pecans, cranberries and S & P.
- Stuff Squash, drizzle with ghee or vegan butter, cover with aluminum foil and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, until squash is tender when pierced with a fork