- Mung Beans
- Nutritional yeast
- Seasonings: mustard seeds, curry powder, cayenne, and S & P
- Prepare Quinoa and Mung Beans together, 1/2 C Quinoa with 1/2 C Mung Beans and add 4 C of water or broth. (I used half water and half broth and the flavor is wonderful!)
- Prepare Vagar (Ghee with seasonings): adding mustard seeds first, and once they pop add curry powder, cayenne or spices of choice, then saute onions, adding garlic towards the end.
- Once mung beans and quinoa are cooked fully, texture should be a soft consistency (about 20 minutes) add onions and chopped Kale, cover and let simmer on low for an additional 10 minutes or so.
- Add extra seasonings if needed and top with nutritional yeast before serving.
*Note: Before adding water/broth I like to allow quinoa to rest for a moment on the hot surface of pot to enhance it’s toasty flavor.
7 thoughts on “Quinoa and Mung Bean Soup with Kale”
Wow that looks amazing!!!
Thanks! Couldn’t quite get the picture to look as good as it tastes though! 😊
That looks absolutely delicious! I’m curious, what are the benefits of adding the nutritional yeast?
Thanks so much! In addition to tasting wonderful it’s also full of nutrients. Here’s a great link with more information.
Thank you Brooke!
yum! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Lots of my favorite foods in here (nutritional yeast addict here!)
Thanks, me too! I love it and it’s just so good for us. 🙂