These delicious bites turned out better than I’d ever hoped. I’m really pleased with how tasty they are.
I modified the recipe to include ingredients I already had on hand. I only had one sweet potato for instance, and I used Tarragon as a garnish instead of scallions as the recipe originally calls for.
Ingredients I used:
- 1 large sweet potato
- equal amount chickpeas as sweet potato (I used frozen, thawed)
- Kale, fine chopped
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Seasoning: paprika, cayenne, red chili flakes, curry powder, nutritional yeast, salt & pepper
- Fresh Herbs I used: Thyme & Tarragon
- Boil sweet potato & prepare chickpeas (frozen, thawed on stove)
- Sautee garlic (briefly, until fragrant)
- Add Kale and reduce heat to low, cover and steam (very briefly)
- Season with: Paprika, cayenne, red chili flakes, curry powder
- Add thawed chickpeas and stir well.
- Combine in a large bowl with sweet potato mash, 3-4 tablespoons of coconut milk and nutritional yeast.
- Add S & P and any additional seasonings. I added fresh Thyme and Tarragon from the garden.
- Bake in a greased muffin tin (coconut oil works well for greasing) – 20 minutes at 450 degrees.