Adapted from the amazing book The Naked Kitchen Veggie Burger Book comes this sensational delight. So versatile it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite cook books, it’s a real treat!
Makes 8-10 thin patties
- 3/4 C pecans
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked and peeled
- 2 C cooked cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley (or your choice of herb)
- 1 tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4-1 C GF all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp any neutral-flavor oil
- Process pecans and 1/2 tsp of salt in a food processor until finely ground. Set aside on a plate or pie pan.
- Then process the sweet potatoes, cannellini beans, herbs, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili powder, cinnamon, chipotle powder, black pepper, and rest of salt. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add and process 3/4 C of the flour until combined and add additional flour if need be because it may be too sticky to work with. The mixture should be a bit sticky and form relatively easily into patties. Tip: Keep your hands moistened with water to make shaping patties easier.
- Gently coat multiple patties with crushed pecans and cook in a non-stick skillet over med-high heat with coconut oil. Cook aprx 4-5 minutes on each side or until firm, then lower the heat and cook another 4-5 minutes on each side.