Gluten Free Dough
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 3 cups tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp guar guar (or xantham gum)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 and 2/3 cups of lukewarm water
- 4 large egg substitue: (1 egg = 1 tbsp ground chia or flax or combo of both mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 1/3 cup neutral flavor oil, i.e. avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
*makes enough for about 4 loaves (1 lb each) — I made two small baguettes with 1/2 of this recipe
- Combine ingredients for dough, dry ingredients first, then wet.
- Cover mixing bowl and let sit for 2 hours.
- Careful not to disturb the bubbles, shape dough, on wax paper, to desired shape with WET hands (not flour like when baking glutenous breads) and cover with plastic wrap, loosely, let sit for 90 min. (Refrigerate any remaining dough)
- Pre-heat oven with baking stone to 475 for at least 30 min
- Remove plastic wrap and cover with your choice of seeds, I used sesame and pumpkin, and make 3 diagonal slits.
- Bake at 475 for 30 min and let cool on a rack for 15-30 min.
With little experience baking I was grateful for the awesome guidelines provided by: www.artisanbreadinfive.com
The recipe I followed and modified: Artisan Bread in Five, Baguette