This soup is a complete meal unto itself and has delighted us for days! It’s hearty and full of flavor, and the flavors continue to develop with time, making for wonderful leftovers!
We enjoyed it with our own Seeded Baguette.
Veggie Soup Ingredients:
- 1 roasted butternut squash, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sautéed
- 1 large eggplant, cubed and sautéed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and thinly sliced
After prepping the first 3 items on the ingredients list, transfer to a large pot and add remaining ingredients. Fill with filtered water until vegetables are completely submerged.
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- s & p
Bring to a boil and let simmer until everything is cooked thoroughly. Approximately 30-45 min.
While soup is cooking:
- Prepare brown rice and season it with olive oil, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Roast pecans in ghee, stovetop.
Once vegetables in soup are cooked to desired consistency (you want them to be soft)
- an abundance of fresh dill
- 1 can of light coconut milk
Blend with a hand blender until soup thickens, leaving large chunks. Add the prepared brown rice and top with ghee roasted pecans when serving.
Cheers to good health,