While juicing recently I spent a lot of time online looking at online videos of recipes and bookmarked several that I knew I wanted to try. This was one of the first things I made and has also turned out to be the most repeated thing I’ve made over the past few weeks. I am eating kale chips almost daily thanks to this recipe, and they never taste the same. I have been able to use an assortment of nuts, a variety of peppers, and both straight and curly kale to mix things up.
Here is a link to the original recipe I found online:
For the nut cheese, she uses walnuts in her video where as I chose to use a combination of soaked cashews and macadamia nuts instead because they were what I had on hand at the time. I’ve tried walnuts once and liked the kale chips just fine, but the cashew and macadamia nuts really seem to set this recipe apart from anything I’ve had before.
- 1 bunch of kale (curly or straight)
- 1 red bell pepper (or more)
- 1 cup of soaked raw nuts (macadamia nut & cashew.. or any variety)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or less)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)