This soup is a complete meal unto itself and has delighted us for days! It’s hearty and full of flavor, and the flavors continue to develop with time, making for wonderful leftovers!
We enjoyed it with our own Seeded Baguette.
Veggie Soup Ingredients:
- 1 roasted butternut squash, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sautéed
- 1 large eggplant, cubed and sautéed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and thinly sliced
After prepping the first 3 items on the ingredients list, transfer to a large pot and add remaining ingredients. Fill with filtered water until vegetables are completely submerged.
Bring to a boil and let simmer until everything is cooked thoroughly. Approximately 30-45 min.
While soup is cooking:
- Prepare brown rice and season it with olive oil, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Roast pecans in ghee, stovetop.
Once vegetables in soup are cooked to desired consistency (you want them to be soft)
- an abundance of fresh dill
- 1 can of light coconut milk
Blend with a hand blender until soup thickens, leaving large chunks. Add the prepared brown rice and top with ghee roasted pecans when serving.
Cheers to good health,
Adapted from the amazing book The Naked Kitchen Veggie Burger Book comes this sensational delight. So versatile it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite cook books, it’s a real treat!
Makes 8-10 thin patties
- 3/4 C pecans
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked and peeled
- 2 C cooked cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley (or your choice of herb)
- 1 tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4-1 C GF all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp any neutral-flavor oil
- Process pecans and 1/2 tsp of salt in a food processor until finely ground. Set aside on a plate or pie pan.
- Then process the sweet potatoes, cannellini beans, herbs, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili powder, cinnamon, chipotle powder, black pepper, and rest of salt. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add and process 3/4 C of the flour until combined and add additional flour if need be because it may be too sticky to work with. The mixture should be a bit sticky and form relatively easily into patties. Tip: Keep your hands moistened with water to make shaping patties easier.
- Gently coat multiple patties with crushed pecans and cook in a non-stick skillet over med-high heat with coconut oil. Cook aprx 4-5 minutes on each side or until firm, then lower the heat and cook another 4-5 minutes on each side.