I’ve been wanting to try for some time now to create a vegan version of this notorious topping, whipped cream, and successfully did so today. I will explore further to see if I can make it even fluffier, in the mean time I am thrilled with the results!
- 1 can of refrigerated organic canned Coconut Milk (do not shake contents & use only top portion of the can)
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice, I used maple syrup
- Flavor, I used vanilla extract and edible rose water
- With a hand held mixer or stand up mixer, blend for a few minutes the thick content (top portion) of refrigerated canned coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Then add sugar, vanilla extract and rose water
Adding all the contents of the canned coconut milk will work and taste delicious (shown in pictures this way.) After another attempt and only using the thick part of the canned coconut milk I had much better luck getting a fluffier consistency though. Once mixed I left it for a few a minutes in the refrigerator and it solidified even more. This is such a treat!
*The liquid on the bottom of the can can be saved and used as a wonderful addition for just about any dish at another time. If you choose to add some of the liquid portion of the can, be sure to do so sparingly and add only a little bit at a time.